You are about to embark on a very important and meaningful journey. By calculating and paying your Zakat, you will be fulfilling a key Islamic obligation, purifying yourself and your wealth and helping to alleviate the difficulties of those in need.
One of the key aims of the National Zakat Foundation is to support individuals in calculating their Zakat easily and accurately.
With that in mind, before you begin it may be helpful for you to keep the following information to hand where relevant:
- Latest statements for all your bank accounts. Online statements would be better to give you an up to date snapshot of your finances.
- Weighing scales to weigh any gold or silver.
- Latest statements for any shares, pensions and investments that you hold.
- Latest statements for any business bank accounts as well as a valuation of inventory and goods for sale.
- Information about any debts that are immediately owed to you or that you owe to others.
- Details of any outstanding bills or payments either due immediately or between now and the date you intend to pay your Zakat.
Once you have the above items at hand, you’re ready to start the journey to calculate your Zakat!
Please keep in mind that our online Zakat calculator does not store any of your details for privacy reasons. If you close the browser window, you will have to re-enter information into the calculator.